noun, plural cat’s-eyes.
- any of certain gems having a chatoyant luster, especially chrysoberyl.
- a playing marble marked with eyelike concentric circles.
- trademark British a glass reflector set into a small fixture, placed at intervals along roads to indicate traffic lanes at night
- any of a group of gemstones, esp a greenish-yellow variety of chrysoberyl, that reflect a streak of light when cut in a rounded unfaceted shape
- Also called: ataata a grazing marine gastropod, Turbo smaragdus, of New Zealand waters