- Anatomy, Zoology. of, at, or near the tail or the posterior end of the body.
- Zoology. taillike: caudal appendages.
- Medicine/Medical. a caudal anesthetic
- anatomy of or towards the posterior part of the body
- zoology relating to, resembling, or in the position of the tail
1660s, from Latin cauda “tail of an animal,” of unknown origin, + -al (1).
- Of, at, or near the tail or hind parts; posterior.
- Situated beneath or on the underside; inferior.
- Relating to or near the tail or hind parts of an animal.