- William,1422?–91, English printer, translator, and author: established first printing press in England 1476.
- Bibliography. any one of the books printed by Caxton, all of which are in black letter.
- Printing. a kind of type imitating Caxton’s black letter.
- a book printed by William Caxton
- a style of type, imitating the Gothic, that Caxton used in his books
- William. ?1422–91, English printer and translator: published, in Bruges, the first book printed in English (1475) and established the first printing press in England (1477)