- of or relating to a period of 100 years.
- recurring once in every 100 years: a centenary celebration.
noun, plural cen·ten·ar·ies.
- a centennial.
- a period of 100 years; century.
- of or relating to a period of 100 years
- occurring once every 100 years
noun plural -naries
- a 100th anniversary or its celebration
c.1600, “period of 100 years,” from Latin centenarius “of a hundred, relating to a hundred,” from centenai “a hundred each,” from centum “hundred” (see hundred). As a noun, “100th anniversary,” from 1788.