noun, plural cen·tos.
- a piece of writing, especially a poem, composed wholly of quotations from the works of other authors.
- anything composed of incongruous parts; conglomeration.
- Obsolete. a patchwork.
- a former organization (1959–79) for economic and military cooperation, established as successor to the Baghdad Pact, and comprising Great Britain, Iran, Pakistan, and Turkey. The U.S. had affiliate status.
noun plural -tos
- a piece of writing, esp a poem, composed of quotations from other authors
n acronym for
- Central Treaty Organization; an organization for military and economic cooperation formed in 1959 by the UK, Iran, Pakistan, and Turkey as a successor to the Baghdad Pact: disbanded 1979