- Also called Chantilly, Chantilly sauce. hollandaise sauce mixed with whipped cream.
- any prepared dish made light and fluffy or airy, as by the mixing in of whipped cream or beaten egg whites.
- prepared or served with whipped cream.
- a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
- (sometimes lowercase) Also called Chantilly lace. a delicate silk, linen, or synthetic bobbin lace, in black or white, scalloped along one edge and often having an outlined design of scrolls or vases or baskets of flowers, widely used for bridal gowns and evening gowns.
- a dessert topping of whipped cream, sweetening, and flavoring, especially vanilla.
- Also called Chantilly sauce. mousseline.
- (of cream) whipped and flavored, especially with vanilla.
- (of food) prepared or served with whipped cream: strawberries Chantilly.
- a fine fabric made of rayon or silk
- a type of fine glass
- short for mousseline sauce
- a town in N France, near the Forest of Chantilly formerly famous for lace and porcelain. Pop: 10 902 (1999)
- Also called: Tiffany a breed of medium-sized cat with silky semi-long hair
- (of cream) lightly sweetened and whipped
town in France near Paris; as a kind of porcelain made there, 1774; in reference to a delicate lace originally made there, 1831. The place name is Medieval Latin Chantileium, from the Gallo-Roman personal name Cantilius.