- the procedure of vacating and paying for one’s quarters at a hotel.
- the time before which a hotel room must be vacated if another day’s charge is not to be made.
- an examination of fitness for performance: The checkout of the new plane was successful.
- a series of sequential actions to familiarize oneself with new equipment.
- itemization and collection of amounts due for purchases: Retailers need to improve online checkout.
- Also called checkout counter. a counter where customers pay for purchases: The supermarket has five checkouts.