noun, plural che·mos. Informal.
- chemotherapy or a chemotherapy treatment.
- a combining form with the meanings “chemical,” “chemically induced,” “chemistry,” used in the formation of compound words: chemotherapy.
- informal short for chemotherapy
- indicating that chemicals or chemical reactions are involvedchemotherapy
before vowels chem-, word-forming element denoting “relation to chemical action or chemicals,” from comb. form of chemical (adj.), used to form scientific compound words from c.1900.
- Chemotherapy or a chemotherapeutic treatment.
- Chemicals; chemical:chemotherapy.