- a person or thing that holds copy.
- a device for holding copy in its place, as on a printer’s frame or on a typewriter.
- a proofreader’s assistant who reads copy aloud or follows it while proof is read for the detection of deviations from it in proof.
- a person who holds an estate in copyhold.
- printing one who reads aloud from the copy as the proof corrector follows the reading in the proof
- printing a device that holds copy in place for the compositor
- law (formerly) a person who held land by copyhold tenure