verb (used with object)
- to provide with cross references or with a cross-referenced index.
verb (used without object)
- to refer by a note or indication of location to related material, as in an index, book, or article; contain cross references: Footnotes cross-index to the appendix and bibliography.
- a note or group of notes referring the reader to material elsewhere.
- a note or notes referring the reader to other material
- (intr) (of a note in a book) to refer to related material
- to provide or be provided with cross-indexes