- Classical Mythology.
- a god.
- a subordinate deity, as the genius of a place or a person’s attendant spirit.
- a demon.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of a demon; fiendish
- inspired or possessed by a demon, or seemingly sodemonic laughter
- a demigod
- the guardian spirit of a place or person
- a variant spelling of demon (def. 3)
alternative spelling (in specialized senses) of demon (q.v.). Related: Daemonic.
1660s, from Latin daemonicus, from daemon (see demon). Demonical is from late 15c.