- dekagram; dekagrams.
- one of a series of decorative scallops or foliations along the edge of a garment, cloth, etc.
- Scot. daglock.
verb (used with object), dagged, dag·ging.
- to edge (a garment, cloth, etc.) with decorative scallops or the like.
noun Australian and New Zealand Informal.
- an amusing, unusual person.
- a male given name.
- short for daglock
- rattle one’s dags NZ informal to hurry up
verb dags, dagging or dagged
- to cut the daglock away from (a sheep)
noun Australian and NZ informal
- a character; eccentric
- a person who is untidily dressed
- a person with a good sense of humour
“thin rain, drizzle, wet fog,” late 17c., from a Scandinavian source, cf. Old Norse dögg, plural daggir “dew,” from Proto-Germanic *daowo- (cf. Old English deaw; see dew).