noun Irish Mythology.
- Charles Anderson,1819–97, U.S. journalist, editor, and publisher.
- Edward Salisbury,1849–1935, U.S. mineralogist and physicist.
- his fatherJames Dwight,1813–95, U.S. geologist and mineralogist.
- Richard Henry, Jr.,1815–82, U.S. jurist, author, and sailor: specialist in admiralty law.
- a male or female given name.
- James Dwight (dwaɪt). 1813–95, American geologist; noted for his work The System of Mineralogy (1837)
fem. proper name; in U.S. little used before c.1925, then in top 100 for girls born from 1963 to 1984.