- capability of the body of distributing inhaled oxygen to muscle tissue during increased physical effort.
- Also called Darwinian fitness. Biology.
- the genetic contribution of an individual to the next generation’s gene pool relative to the average for the population, usually measured by the number of offspring or close kin that survive to reproductive age.
- the ability of a population to maintain or increase its numbers in succeeding generations.
- the state of being fit
- the degree of adaptation of an organism to its environment, determined by its genetic constitution
- the ability of an organism to produce viable offspring capable of surviving to the next generation
- The state or condition of being physically sound and healthy, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition.
- A state of general mental and physical well-being.
- The state of being suitably adapted to an environment.