- desire for one’s own death or for the death of another.
- Psychiatry. a suicidal desire, manifested by passivity, withdrawal, and absorption in nihilistic thoughts, that may eventually lead to suicidal behavior.
- (in Freudian psychology) the desire for self-annihilationSee also Thanatos
- A desire for self-destruction, often accompanied by feelings of depression, hopelessness, and self-reproach.
- A suicidal urge that presumably drives certain people to put themselves consistently into dangerous situations.