verb (used with object), de·cer·e·brat·ed, de·cer·e·brat·ing.
- Surgery. to remove the cerebrum.
- a decerebrated animal.
- a person who, because of brain injury, exhibits behavior characteristic of a decerebrated animal.
- (tr) to remove the brain or a large section of the brain or to cut the spinal cord at the level of the brain stem of (a person or animal)
- a decerebrated individual
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of an individual who has suffered a brain injury that results in neurological function comparable to that resulting from decerebration of an animal.
- To eliminate cerebral brain function in an animal by decerebration.