noun (often initial capital letter)
- a light brown raw sugar grown in Guyana and used especially in the country’s rum-making industry.
- a river in E Guyana flowing S to N and emptying into the Atlantic Ocean at Georgetown. 215 miles (346 km) long.
- brown crystallized cane sugar from the Caribbean and nearby countries
- a highly flavoured rum used mainly for blending purposes
- the Demerara a river in Guyana, rising in the central forest area and flowing north to the Atlantic at Georgetown. Length: 346 km (215 miles)