- a person or thing that develops or innovates: a software developer.
- Photography. a reducing agent or solution for developing a film or the like.
- a person who invests in and develops the urban or suburban potentialities of real estate, especially by subdividing the land into home sites and then building houses and selling them.
- Shipbuilding. a person who lays out at full size the lines of a vessel and prepares templates from them.
- a person or thing that develops something, esp a person who develops property
- photog a solution of a chemical reducing agent that converts the latent image recorded in the emulsion of a film or paper into a visible image
1833, “one who develops,” agent noun from develop. Photography use attested from 1869; meaning “speculative builder” is from 1938.