- the act or fact of devolving; passage onward from stage to stage.
- the passing on to a successor of an unexercised right.
- Law. the passing of property from one to another, as by hereditary succession.
- Biology. degeneration.
- the transfer of power or authority from a central government to a local government.
- the act, fact, or result of devolving
- a passing onwards or downwards from one stage to another
- another word for degeneration (def. 3)
- a transfer or allocation of authority, esp from a central government to regional governments or particular interests