- (especially of plants) having the male and female organs in separate and distinct individuals; having separate sexes.
- a variant spelling of dioecious
- (of some plants) having the male and female reproductive organs in separate flowers on separate plantsCompare monoecious
- Variant ofdioecious
- Of or relating to organisms, especially plants, having the male and female reproductive organs borne on separate individuals of the same species; sexually distinct.
- Having male flowers on one plant and female flowers on another plant of the same species. The holly and asparagus plants are dioecious. Compare monoecious.