- noting a machine or vehicle powered by a diesel engine: diesel locomotive.
- of or relating to a diesel engine: diesel fuel.
- Ru·dolf [roo-dolf, -dawlf; German roo-dawlf] /ˈru dɒlf, -dɔlf; German ˈru dɔlf/, 1858–1913, German automotive engineer.
- See diesel engine
- a ship, locomotive, lorry, etc, driven by a diesel engine
- informal short for diesel oil
- Southern African slang any cola drinkspook and diesel
- sucking diesel See suck (def. 10)
- Rudolf (ˈruːdɔlf). 1858–1913, German engineer, who invented the diesel engine (1892)
1894, named for Rudolf Diesel (1858-1913), German mechanical engineer who designed this type of engine.