- a person or thing that dims.
- Also called dimmer switch. a rheostat or similar device by which the intensity of an electric light may be varied.
- the low-beam headlights of an automobile or truck.
- the small, parking lights of an automobile.
- a device, such as a rheostat, for varying the current through an electric light and thus changing the illumination
- (often plural) US
- a dipped headlight on a road vehicle
- a parking light on a car
1822, agent noun from dim (v.). Of mechanisms for reducing the brightness of electric lights, from 1905.