noun, plural dog·hous·es [dog-hou-ziz, dog-] /ˈdɒgˌhaʊ zɪz, ˈdɒg-/.
- a small shelter for a dog.
- (on a yacht) a small cabin that presents a relatively high profile and gives the appearance of a box.Compare trunk cabin.
- Rocketry Slang. a bulge on the surface of a rocket or missile, for scientific instruments.
- in the doghouse, Slang. in disfavor or disgrace.
- US and Canadian a hutlike shelter for a dogAlso called (in Britain and certain other countries): kennel
- informal disfavour (in the phrase in the doghouse)
see in the doghouse.