noun, plural E·dos, (especially collectively) E·do for 1.
- a member of an indigenous people of western Africa, in the Benin region of southern Nigeria.
- the Kwa language of the Edo people.
- a former name of Tokyo.
- plural Edo or Edos a member of a Negroid people of SW Nigeria around Benin, noted for their 16th-century bronze sculptures
- Also called: Bini the language of this people, belonging to the Kwa branch of the Niger-Congo family
- a state of Nigeria, in the S. Capital: Benin City. Pop: 3 218 332(2006). Area: 17 802 sq km (6873 sq miles)