- conveying or conducting away from an organ or part (opposed to afferent).
- an efferent part, as a nerve or blood vessel.
- carrying or conducting outwards from a part or an organ of the body, esp from the brain or spinal cordCompare afferent
- Directed away from a central organ or section.
- An efferent organ or body part, such as a blood vessel.
- Carrying motor impulses away from a central organ or part, as a nerve that conducts impulses from the central nervous system to the periphery of the body. Compare afferent.