- the state or quality of being elastic.
- flexibility; resilience; adaptability: a statement with a great elasticity of meaning.
- buoyancy; ability to resist or overcome depression.
- Physics. the property of a substance that enables it to change its length, volume, or shape in direct response to a force effecting such a change and to recover its original form upon the removal of the force.
- the property of a body or substance that enables it to resume its original shape or size when a distorting force is removedSee also elastic limit
- the state or quality of being elastic; flexibility or buoyancy
- a measure of the sensitivity of demand for goods or services to changes in price or other marketing variables, such as advertising
- The condition or property of being elastic; flexibility.
- The property of returning to an initial form or state following deformation.
- The ability of a solid to return to its original shape or form after being subject to strain. Most solid materials display elasticity, up to a load point called the elastic limit; loads higher than this limit cause permanent deformation of the material. See also Hooke’s law.