adjective Physical Chemistry.
- containing positive electricity; tending to migrate to the negative pole in electrolysis.
- assuming positive potential when in contact with a dissimilar substance.
- basic, as an element or group.
- having a positive electric charge
- (of an atom, group, molecule, etc) tending to release electrons and form positive ions or polarized bondsCompare electronegative
- Tending to donate electrons and to form a positive ion. Metals are generally electropositive.
- Having a positive electric charge.
- Capable of acting as a positive electrode.