- excessively emotional character: the emotionalism of sentimental fiction.
- strong or excessive appeal to the emotions: the emotionalism of patriotic propaganda.
- a tendency to display or respond with undue emotion, especially morbid emotion.
- unwarranted expression or display of emotion.
- emotional nature, character, or quality
- a tendency to yield readily to the emotions
- an appeal to the emotions, esp an excessive appeal, as to an audience
- a doctrine stressing the value of deeply felt responses in ethics and the arts