- proceeding from within; derived internally.
- Biology. growing or developing from within; originating within.
- Pathology. (of a disease) resulting from conditions within the organism rather than externally caused.
- Biochemistry. pertaining to the metabolism of nitrogenous elements of cells and tissues.
- Geology. endogenetic.
- biology developing or originating within an organism or part of an organismendogenous rhythms
- having no apparent external causeendogenous depression
- Originating or produced within an organism, tissue, or cell.
- Caused by factors within the body. Used of a disease.
- Originating or produced within an organism, tissue, or cell. Compare exogenous.