- Mining. one of the shorter members of a set.Compare wall plate(def 3).
- Cell Biology. a specialized area on the surface of a muscle fiber where a motor neuron makes contact with the muscle, consisting of an irregularly shaped trough into which the terminal portion of the axon fits.
- any usually flat platelike structure at the end of something
- physiol the flattened end of a motor nerve fibre, which transmits impulses to muscle
- The area of synaptic contact between a motor nerve and a muscle fiber.