verb (used with object), e·nu·cle·at·ed, e·nu·cle·at·ing.
- Biology. to deprive of the nucleus.
- to remove (a kernel, tumor, eyeball, etc.) from its enveloping cover.
- Archaic. to bring out; disclose; explain.
- having no nucleus.
verb (ɪˈnjuːklɪˌeɪt) (tr)
- biology to remove the nucleus from (a cell)
- surgery to remove (a tumour or other structure) from its capsule without rupturing it
- archaic to explain or disclose
adjective (ɪˈnjuːklɪɪt, -ˌeɪt)
- (of cells) deprived of their nuclei
- To remove something, such as a tumor or an eye, whole and without rupture from an enveloping cover or sac.
- To remove the nucleus of a cell.
- Lacking a nucleus.