- pertaining or adhering to the Episcopal Church in America.
- (lowercase) pertaining or adhering to the episcopal form of church government.
- a member of the Episcopal Church in America.
- (lowercase) an adherent of the episcopal system of church government.
adjective Also: episcopal
- practising or advocating the principle of Church government by bishops
- an advocate of such Church government
- belonging to or denoting the Episcopal Church
- a member or adherent of this Church
1738 (n.), 1768 (adj.), from episcopal + -ian. Related: Episcopalianism.