- of, relating to, or near an equator, especially the equator of the earth.
- of, like, or typical of the regions at the earth’s equator: equatorial temperatures.
- a telescope mounting having two axes of motion, one parallel to the earth’s axis and one at right angles to it.
- a telescope with such a mounting.
- of, like, or existing at or near the equator
- astronautics (of a telescope) mounted on the perpendicular axes, one of which is parallel to the earth’s axisan equatorial orbit
- astronomy of or referring to the celestial equatorequatorial coordinates
- an equatorial mounting for a telescope