- capable of being erected or set upright.
- Anatomy. capable of being distended with blood and becoming rigid, as tissue.
- physiol (of tissues or organs, such as the penis or clitoris) capable of becoming rigid or erect as the result of being filled with blood
- capable of being erected
1830, from French érectile, from Latin erect-, past participle stem of erigere (see erect).
- Of or relating to tissue capable of filling with blood and becoming rigid.
- Capable of being raised to an upright position.