adjective Also e·rot·i·cal.
- arousing or satisfying sexual desire: an erotic dance.
- of, relating to, or treating of sexual love; amatory: an erotic novel.
- subject to or marked by strong sexual desire.
- an erotic poem.
- an erotic person.
adjective Also: erotical
- of, concerning, or arousing sexual desire or giving sexual pleasure
- marked by strong sexual desire or being especially sensitive to sexual stimulation
- a person who has strong sexual desires or is especially responsive to sexual stimulation
1620s (implied in erotical), from French érotique (16c.), from Greek erotikos “caused by passionate love, referring to love,” from eros (genitive erotos) “sexual love” (see Eros).
- Of or concerning sexual love and desire.
- Tending to arouse sexual desire.
- Dominated by sexual love or desire.