verb (used with object), fa·mil·iar·ized, fa·mil·iar·iz·ing.
- to make (onself or another) well-acquainted or conversant with something.
- to make (something) well-known; bring into common knowledge or use.
- Archaic. to make familiar; establish (a person) in friendly intimacy.
verb (used without object), fa·mil·iar·ized, fa·mil·iar·iz·ing.
- Archaic. to associate in a familiar way.
- to make (oneself or someone else) familiar, as with a particular subject
- to make (something) generally known or accepted