- ice skating in which the skater traces intricate patterns on the ice.
- a type of ice skating developed from this, emphasizing jumps, spins, and other movements that combine athletic skills and dance techniques.
- a competitive sport in which the skater is required to execute school figures and to perform one or more original programs of difficult jumps, spins, etc., to a musical setting.
- ice skating in which the skater traces outlines of selected patterns
- the whole art of skating, as distinct from skating at speed