- Also called, especially British, torch. a small, portable electric lamp powered by dry batteries, LEDs, or a tiny generator.
- a light that flashes, as a lighthouse beacon.
- any source of artificial light as used in flash photography.
- mainly US and Canadian a small portable electric lamp powered by one or more dry batteriesAlso called (in Britain and certain other countries): torch
- photog the brief bright light emitted by an electronic flash unitSometimes shortened to: flash
- mainly US and Canadian a light that flashes, used for signalling, in a lighthouse, etc