- a complex heterocyclic ketone that is common to the nonprotein part of several important yellow enzymes, the flavoproteins.
- a combining form occurring in compound words which denote natural derivatives of flavin: riboflavin.
- a heterocyclic ketone that forms the nucleus of certain natural yellow pigments, such as riboflavin. Formula: C 10 H 6 N 4 O 2See flavoprotein
- any yellow pigment based on flavin
- another name for quercetin
- Any of various water-soluble yellow pigments, including riboflavin, found in plant and animal tissue as coenzymes of flavoproteins.
- A ketone that gives color to various natural yellow pigments.