- an artificial light so directed or diffused as to give a comparatively uniform illumination over a rather large given area.
- a lamp or projector that produces such a light.
verb (used with object), flood·light·ed or flood·lit, flood·light·ing.
- to light up or illuminate with a floodlight.
- a broad intense beam of artificial light, esp as used in the theatre or to illuminate the exterior of buildings
- the lamp or source producing such light
verb -lights, -lighting or -lit
- (tr) to illuminate by or as if by a floodlight