- pertaining to, connected with, or used in courts of law or public discussion and debate.
- adapted or suited to argumentation; rhetorical.
- forensics, (used with a singular or plural verb) the art or study of argumentation and formal debate.
- relating to, used in, or connected with a court of lawforensic science
“pertaining to or suitable for courts of law,” 1650s, from Latin forensis “of a forum, place of assembly,” from forum “public place” (see ). Used in sense of “pertaining to legal trials,” as in forensic medicine (1845). Related: Forensical (1580s).
- Relating to, used in, or appropriate for courts of law or for public discussion or argumentation.