[ad_1] verb (used with or without object), frizzed, friz·zing, noun, plural friz·zes.
verb (used with or without object)
- to form into small, crisp curls or little tufts.
- the state of being frizzed.
- something frizzed; frizzed hair.
- (of the hair, nap, etc) to form or cause (the hair, etc) to form tight wiry curls or crisp tufts
- hair that has been frizzed
- the state of being frizzed
also friz, 1610s (implied in frizzed), probably from French friser “to curl, dress the hair” (16c.), perhaps from stem of frire “to fry, cook.” Assimilated to native frizzle. Related: Frizzed; frizzing. As a noun from 1660s, “frizzed hair.”