- of, in, or at the front: a frontal view; frontal attack.
- of, relating to, or situated near the forehead or the .
- Meteorology. of or relating to the division between dissimilar air masses: frontal zone; frontal surface.
- Fine Arts.
- exhibiting .
- parallel to the surface in the pictorial arts or seen from the the frontal plane. view in sculpture:
- Ecclesiastical. a movable cover or hanging for the of an altar.
- Anatomy. any of several parts in the frontal region, especially the .
- of, at, or in the front
- of or relating to the foreheadfrontal artery
- of or relating to the anterior part of a body or organ
- meteorol of, relating to, or resulting from a front or its passagefrontal rainfall
- a decorative hanging for the front of an altar
- See ,
- another name for
1650s, of the forehead; 1971 with reference to the naked body; from Modern Latin frontalis, from front-, stem of frons “brow, forehead” (see ). Or in some cases probably from (n.) + adjectival suffix (1).
- Of, relating to, directed toward, or situated at the front.
- Of or relating to the forehead or frontal bone.
- Of or relating to the frontal plane.