adjective, frost·i·er, frost·i·est.
- characterized by or producing frosty weather.; freezing; very cold:
- consisting of or covered with a frosty designs on the windows; an avenue of frosty trees.:
- lacking warmth of feeling; unfriendly: Their frosty greeting puzzled us.
- resembling a wedding dress of frosty satin.; white or gray:
- of or characteristic of old age: a frosty brow.
adjective frostier or frostiest
- characterized by frosta frosty night
- covered by or decorated with frost
- lacking warmth or enthusiasmthe new plan had a frosty reception
- like frost in appearance or colour; hoary
Old English forstig, fyrstig (cf. Dutch vorstig, German frostig); see (n.) + (2). Figurative use from late 14c. Related: Frostily; frostiness.