- the moon when the whole of its disk is illuminated, occurring when in opposition to the sun.
- the phase of the moon at this time.
- one of the four phases of the moon, occurring when the earth lies between the sun and the moon so that the moon is visible as a fully illuminated disc
- the moon in this phase
- the time at which this occurs
- The phase of the Moon in which it is visible as a fully illuminated disk. This phase occurs when the Moon is on the opposite side of Earth as the Sun and is not in Earth’s shadow. See more at moon. Compare new moon.