- an herb or other vegetable drug, distinguished from a mineral or chemical drug.
- a crude drug, tincture, or decoction, distinguished from a preparation that has been refined.
- any drug prepared from plant or animal tissue, esp vegetables, rather than being chemically synthesized
- denoting or belonging to this group of drugs
- A medicinal preparation composed mainly of herbal or vegetable matter.
- A remedy prepared according to an official formula.
- Of, relating to, or being a medicinal preparation made up chiefly of herbal or vegetable matter.