- a passageway, especially a narrow walkway.
- the space between the cab of a steam locomotive and its tender.
- the side entrance of a diesel or electric locomotive.
- an aisle in a theater, restaurant, etc.
- an aisle in the House of Commons separating the more influential members of the political parties from the younger, less influential members.
- a runway in a theater.
- a temporary path of planks, as at a building site.
- Mining. a main passage or level.
- Also called logway. the ramp up which logs are moved into a sawmill.
- clear the way! out of the way!
- an opening in a ship’s side to take a gangplank
- another word for gangplank
- British an aisle between rows of seats
- Also called: logway mainly US a ramp for logs leading into a sawmill
- a main passage in a mine
- temporary planks over mud or earth, as on a building site
- clear a path!