- having illumination provided by burning gas: gaslit streets.
- of or resembling a time, especially the 1890s, when gaslight was widely used: the gaslit era.
- light produced by the combustion of illuminating gas.
- a gas burner or gas jet for producing this kind of light.
verb (used with object), gas·light·ed or gas·lit, gas·light·ing.
- to cause (a person) to doubt his or her sanity through the use of psychological manipulation: How do you know if your partner is gaslighting you?
- a type of lamp in which the illumination is produced by an incandescent mantle heated by a jet of gas
- the light produced by such a lamp