noun, plural gen·er·os·i·ties.
- readiness or liberality in giving.
- freedom from meanness or smallness of mind or character.
- a generous act: We thanked him for his many generosities.
- largeness or fullness; amplitude.
noun plural -ties
- willingness and liberality in giving away one’s money, time, etc; magnanimity
- freedom from pettiness in character and mind
- a generous act
- abundance; plenty
early 15c., “nobility, goodness of race,” from Latin generositatem (nominative generositas) “nobility, excellence, magnanimity,” from generosus (see generous). Meaning “munificence” is recorded from 1670s.