- warmly and pleasantly cheerful; cordial: a genial disposition; a genial host.
- favorable for life, growth, or comfort; pleasantly warm; comfortably mild: the genial climate of Hawaii.
- characterized by genius.
adjective Anatomy, Zoology.
- of or relating to the chin.
- cheerful, easy-going, and warm in manner or behaviour
- pleasantly warm, so as to give life, growth, or healththe genial sunshine
- anatomy of or relating to the chin
1560s, “pertaining to marriage,” from Latin genialis “pleasant, festive,” literally “pertaining to marriage rites,” from genius “guardian spirit” (see genius). Originally used in the Latin literal sense; meaning “cheerful, friendly” first recorded 1746. Related: Genially.
- Of or relating to the chin.